Sunday, May 29, 2011

Feeling fat...part II

I was trying to get past those feelings of feeling fat and yucky.  I kept telling myself that I'm carrying a baby...I have LIFE growing inside of me, and what could be more beautiful than that!?!?!  Who cares that I've gained a few extra pounds of fluff??  I was doing ok with that until I decided to go out and look for an outfit for my upcoming baby shower(s).  All of the maternity clothes that I bought at the beginning were plain...nothing really cute.  I was just happy that I found some clothes that I could wear, since I wasn't sure that there would be a plus size maternity section to begin with.  Now that I want something cute for my baby shower, I'm stuck.  I went to several stores and found nothing!  Either they don't carry plus size maternity, or if they do, they have very little to choose from.  Don't they know that every woman, whether big or small, wants to look cute!?!?  Just because I'm bigger than average, doesn't mean that I don't want to feel pretty too!  I guess I should be use to having limited selections in clothing...

Ok...enough ranting...time to go get ready for a day with my Monkey!  (For those that don't know who that is, its Bean's older cousin...they'll be about 9 months apart when Bean is born.)

3 comments:

  1. I hate you had such a hard time finding anything on your shopping adventure, but hopefully there is still time for an online purchase. :)

    So I see you spent a little time with Monkey...I hope you decided to practice what we'd talked about....Diaper Changing...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Update on shopping...I decided to try some dresses on that were NOT maternity, and I found a couple!! Woo hoo!!! Now I just need to find me a maternity girdle...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes you can get some really cute dresses that flare. Its a healthy fat feeling that you are experiencing.
    Blessings......

    ReplyDelete