Sunday, May 15, 2011

New Worries

So I just read through the new issue of Baby Talk and I'm freaking out a bit.  First off, to any new mothers or mothers to be, this is a free subscription.  Its not a very thick magazine, but it has a lot of good info, which is all Im looking for.  And whats better than free?!?!?

Two new worries that came out of reading this months mag...radiation from cell phones or laptops and dangerous crib items.  First things first...possible radiation from my lap top...really???  I usually surf the net, write my blog posts, and do my online shopping with my laptop in my lap.  Preferably reclined at a 45 degree angle, on my recliner.  So all these months, I've been feeding radiation to my poor little Bean??  Ugh, I feel like a horrible mother now.  They sell these radiation blocking blankets and shirts that pregnant women can use, but I only have a few months left so I probably wont purchase one.  Why didnt my Dr say something, or why wasnt it in one of the many baby sites that I visit??  I just HOPE that I had enough layers of fat to block some of the radiation, lol.  I guess its back to uncomfortable web surfing and blogging....

The next article was about possible crib dangers that can cause harm or even death to your baby.  I expected some of the suggestions, like having the baby sleep on his or her back or not buying a drop side crib.  But there were some suggestions I wasn't expecting.  For instance, no toys or blankets in the crib till after the baby is one.  So no cute teddy bear to cuddle with...no blankets to keep him warm...no pillow for his head.  I can deal with no toys or pillows, but what am I suppose to do with that expensive blanket set that I'm getting for the babies room???  Why do stores even sell this stuff if the baby isn't suppose to use anything.  I'm kinda feeling like its just going to be a waste of money, but at the same time I want it, lol. Not much I can do now since its already been bought for us.  I'll have to figure something out I guess...

Anyway, thats enough worrying for now...its past our bedtime.  Good night my friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment