Friday, May 27, 2011

Pregnancy is beautiful...until I feel fat

Lately, I have been feeling pretty plump.  I have always been overweight, and when I got pregnant, the Dr warned me about gaining too much weight.  Unfortunately, due to diet changes, I gained a lot of weight, really fast.  I was a vegetarian for 4 years, and around my 3rd or 4th month of being pregnant, I could not ignore my cravings for meat anymore.  So I gave in...thinking that at least this way, I wouldn't have to worry about not getting enough protein for the baby.  Of course, after 4 years of eating veggies, tofu, and soy products, once I ate meat, I was a goner.  The baby seems to like beef the most, since thats what I've craved from the beginning.  Hamburgers and tacos being my favorites.  So, now I feel fat.   I have been able to slow down the weight gain, but I still feel fat.  Not because of my growing baby belly...but because of all the extra fluff I have growing everywhere else.  Fat...fat...FAT!!!  Fat ankles (I know its water retention, but still), fat thighs, fat hips....I could continue but I wont.  It also doesn't help that when people ask me when I'm due, they all have a shocked look on their face when I tell them I still have a few more months to go.  I'm sure I already look like I'm about to burst!  Anyway...I'm just venting.  It doesn't take away from the beautiful feeling of being pregnant.  I don't wish the baby would come out already....and it definitely doesn't stop me from eating!  I just hope that once he's here, I can find a way to gain some control back.  I wonder if I will ever be able to go back to being a vegetarian?

3 comments:

  1. Awww, girly....it's ok! And im not just saying that....it really is! If I knew then what I know now about weight loss techniques after child birth I was a sexy beast! :) One thing for sure is breast feeding! That burns SO many calories its ridiculous! More than dieting & exercise put together. That how alot of woman can snap back and sometimes be smaller because of all the calories that are being burned from breast feeding. Even if Bean doesn't latch on or take to the feeding, you can still pump like crazy because it still burns the calories just the same! Just be sure if you dont get anything else....invest in a breast pump. You'll be okay Boo good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope so Strictli!! I'm going to try really hard to do the breast feeding thing..hopefully it works out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had two kiddos and what is my eXcuse for the FAT that I have now! I am just saying! lol.
    Don't let a little Baby Fat make you feel nothing other than love. The love that you are getting from your BEAN!
    WE endure a lot; however this too shall pass.
    Embrace it and before you know it, the weight will be gone!
    : }
    ~IG2S

    ReplyDelete