Tuesday, July 19, 2011

36 weeks = 9 months!!

Today I am 36 weeks, which is about 9 months pregnant...wow!!  I have less than 30 days to my due date, and maybe less than that if Beanie decides to show up early.  Of course, he could decide to show up later too, lol.  Some people have questioned me being 9 months already...if your 9 months, shouldn't you be having the baby already?!?!?  The answer is no...I have completed 8 months of pregnancy, and am starting my 9th month.  Once I complete my 9th month, thats when the baby is fully "baked", and is due lol.  So technically, women carry baby's for up to 10 months, or 40 weeks as the Dr's put it.

Here is some interesting info regarding the baby at 36 weeks:

- The baby is about 6 lbs, between 18-20 inches long.
- His skull and most of his bones will remain soft, making it easier to pass through the birth canal.
- Most of his systems (from circulatory to musculoskeletal) are ready, though his digestion system wont kick into gear until he takes his first suckle at the breast or bottle.
- My hormones are causing the connective tissue in my body to soften and loosen.  This is going to help the baby squeeze through the pelvic bones, which will be more flexible.  The downside of this joint flexibility is discomfort in the pelvis and hip area.  I feel that!!!  No wonder its hurting a lot more to get around...
- Frequent heartburn, urination, gas, increased swelling of the feet, hands and face (?!?), and difficulty sleeping.  Great!

Those are some of the great things I'm going through for now...of course Bean is worth all the discomfort and pain.  He's worth so much more...

36 Weeks

3 comments:

  1. I am super duper excited for you and the wait is almost over!!!

    We want Bean! We want Bean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww...."helloooooo Bean, Helloooooo!!! Helloooooo Beanie, Beanie, Beanie, Beanie!!! That's what I'm gonna say when I see him!!! LOL! I'm so excited! I just wanna hold'em and smell'em! Crazy right? I LOVE the smell of a newborn baby! Awww, I want one! Hmmph!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Fitz...thank you! Im excited too...

    @ Luci...You should have another one!! Bean is gonna need friends. We can have play dates!

    ReplyDelete