Saturday, July 16, 2011

Update to the I Love Thrifting Party

First, I want to apologize for not having more updates to my blog lately...unfortunately, during the week I am way too exhausted to even get on my lap top.  I guess thats normal with being almost 9 months pregnant!!

So, the party was AWESOME!  My friend Katie Mac did a great job of putting together a great little party at one of her favorite boutiques.  It wasn't your usual thrift store, but more of a high end consignment store.  The owner of A Perfect Fit Resale Boutique was really nice for letting us have our first get together at her shop.  Katie Mac provided some wine for those that could indulge, and a fruit and cheese tray that I willingly attacked, lol.  The shop provided some great finds for the smaller peeps in our group...unfortunately, they don't carry plus size items.  The brands she carries though are mostly high end name brands, so I would probably go back just to try and snag a nice purse or something.  The other shop that was involved was a few doors down, and it was specifically for kids.  The shop, Clothes for Kids Resale, was also great.  I made it a point to go down and visit with the owner and her shop cat Smokey, lol.  I did find a hoodie for Bean, so that was nice.  Unfortunately, she had more girl clothing than boy clothing though, so that's all I found.  But that seems to be the norm everywhere, lol.  I guess boys fashions are not as popular...

Katie Mac...always posing and smiling!

A Cat in the Hat onesie that Katie Mac bought for Bean!  So cute!!!  Thanks Katie Mac!

I had to find somewhere to sit...the stairs had to do!

Some of the girls that showed up to support Katie Mac..they even did their own T-Shirts!!
Luci from Strictli Hair, Joycelyn, Angelica, Shandha, and Michelle from Fitz Chronicles
I had to show the Wine and Snack table!!  I hovered over it for a while, lol


Katie Mac did a great job, and EVERYONE is waiting for her next thrifting party!  Can't wait for the next Mac Styles event!

9 comments:

  1. Dern it I missed this! and you look gr8! How are you doing? How is little bean doing?

    Have a wonderful weekend!!

    ~IG2S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! Even in your condition still getting around and showing the love. I truly enjoy the humor and lightheartedness of your blog! Almost 9 months?*raised eyebrows*

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ IG2S...We are doing great...just taking it easy! You have to come out to the next one, it was a lot of fun!
    @ Lacquer...yes, that weekend was busy, but from here on out, I need to rest! So I told myself no more parties!! lol. I will be starting my 9th month on Tuesday...one more month to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great and I completely understand the exhuast. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see Bean in that onesie....We gave that cheese try and wine hell....lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Sunny...I know if anyone understands, its you! And thanks for the compliment :)

    @ Fitz...I know huh? I think he will look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww, Bean is a Star before his time! I cant wait til he gets here!! And Scilla, you are glowing in these pics! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How did I miss this post...you and Bean look great. I'm sure he had the time of his life at the party! Thank you again for all your help...you're simply the best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to go to the next one!!

    ReplyDelete